Water Filter System Installation PLUMBERS
From unpacking the kitchen to connecting your internet supply, there are a fair few things to consider when you move into a new property — so it’s understandable if the composition of your tap water isn’t your first priority. You might not realise it until you run the tap for the first time, but your water quality can vary dramatically depending on where you live, the age of your plumbing system, and other external factors.
Even if you usually have pretty consistent water quality in your home, heavy rain and other environmental factors can impact the contents of your tap’s output, with bacteria and chemicals making their way into the water supply. Unfortunately, the country’s wild and occasionally unpredictable weather means many houses and apartments are particularly susceptible to these kinds of fluctuations. By making a smart investment in one-off water filter installation, Australia’s homeowners can wave goodbye to their tap water quality issues once and for all.
Environmental friendly with chemical-free water filter systems
Whether you have young children and want to make sure they’re drinking the cleanest water possible, or you simply want to purify the supply for your own personal consumption, water filter systems provide fresh, delicious high-quality water straight from the tap. Not only will the filter protect you and your household from potentially harmful contaminants like lead, chlorine, and mercury — plus excessive levels of fluoride and heavy metals — but it’s also an environmentally friendly alternative to bottled water. Filling your reusable water bottle with filtered water before you leave the house is an easy way to improve your health and protect the planet.
You may have heard of hard and soft water, but do you know how the composition of each differs? Put simply, the ‘hardness’ of water refers to its high mineral content, in particular calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. Soft water, by contrast, contains less of these minerals. For example, rainwater is considered soft because it’s just fallen from the sky and hasn’t spent time in the ground. Both hard and soft water have advantages; hard water contains essential minerals that we need for our health, whereas soft water can feel better on sensitive skin and make your hair more silky.
Ultimately, a balance between the two extremes is best for your health — and your hair. With a water filter system, you can filter out excessively high levels of minerals and make sure that your family is enjoying the healthiest drop of water possible.
Enjoy ice cold and piping hot water with the touch of a button
If you often find yourself making multiple cups of tea or refilling water bottles for sport, you’ll love the convenience of a mounted water filter installation. With the touch of a button, crystal clear hot and cold water are ready to go.
Most popular water filter systems in Australia
Once you’ve decided to start enjoying better water, you’ll need to decide which system is best for you. Some types of water filter systems include:
- Single cartridge water filters — Single cartridges can be made of charcoal, ceramic and carbon elements. Generally these simple systems need annual maintenance and will successfully block bacteria, chlorine, metals and the compounds responsible for bad tastes or odours.
- Dual water filter systems — A dual water filter system is a great choice if larger sediment is coming through in your water. These systems generally have a chamber which removes silt, sand and other contaminants, as well as a finer filter that eliminates bacteria and eradicates odours or odd tastes in the water.
- Reverse osmosis water filter systems — Considered one of the most powerful and efficient types of water filtration systems, reverse osmosis filters can remove up to 99.9% of contaminants, including fluoride, from your water. If you love the taste of fresh, pure water with zero additives, this is the choice for you.
- Undersink water filters — Undersink water filter systems are great for single people and couples who don’t need a water filter installation across the entire house. These systems are easy to install and add a dedicated tap to your existing sink for filtered water at your fingertips.
- Benchtop water filter — Great for rental properties or spacious kitchens, a benchtop filter is noninvasive, providing fresh, clean water without any hassle.
Ready to discover better water filter installation, Australia?
If you’re ready to get a professional water filter system installed today, New Life Plumbing is here to help! Give us a call on 1300 25 10 10 today to get started. We’re here to assist you with all of your plumbing needs, from water filter system installation to gas heating installs and repairs.
What is the best water filter system?
Figuring out which water filter system is best for you really comes down to personal preference, plus the size of your household and your priorities when it comes to purifying your tap water. If you have a small, single person dwelling, a single cartridge water filter is ideal. If large particles and contaminants are showing up in your water, a reverse osmosis or dual water filter system may be a better choice. In order to make sure you’re choosing the best possible system for your individual needs, it’s a great idea to arrange to speak to a plumber, who can give you expert tailored advice.
How to set up water filter systems
Most water filter systems work by redirecting your mains water supply through a cartridge or other filtration system. This purifies the supply before redirecting the water flow back into your pipes. Water filter system installation can range from adding a simple countertop filter to a fully integrated system that treats every tap in the house.
Should a plumber install your water filter?
To make sure the system has been properly and safely installed, it’s always a good idea to hire a professional plumber to handle any water filter installation, large or small. That way, you can be sure that you’re reaping the full benefits of the water filter and enjoying pure, contaminant-free water from the very outset. Plus, in choosing a professional plumber for installation, you can be confident in the integrity of your entire plumbing system and avoid any nasty surprises in the future.